Leaving Your Deer Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving Your Deer Blind

In the evening, it's past allowed hunting time, to dark to take a clean shot at a deer. There are deer in the area of your deer blind. Do you leave your deer blind or have someone come out to move the deer away. I've been told never leave your deer blind with deer in the area / field. I've also been told leave, it doesn't matter. The deer pay little to no mind to my blind and I want to keep it that way. I have always had someone come out and move the deer away. But on occasion I've had to wait and it can get pretty cold. What to you guy's do ??

Either wait it out or have someone come to me

Comment

Sneak out the back when it's to dark to see the deer. Even if they hear you they won't see you. No lights until safely away.

Comment

• Rose
        Rose commented
        Editing a comment
        I thought of this but wasn't sure if they would see me. I don't use a light anyway. I always walk out in the dark. Thank you.

I’d wait, it’s a good opportunity to observe. Unless I was getting hungry, in that case I’d just sprout wings and fly out the back 😂

Comment

• Rose
        Rose commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice !!! Instead of a light, I'll take red bull so I can make that happen.

• TDOGClyde
        TDOGClyde commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s the right idea 😂

I don't hunt from a blind, but have spent serious time trying to get down with a climbing stand as there were too many eyes nearby. Most of the time they just moved on and I hustled down the tree and out of the area. Always a adventure when deer hunting.

Comment

I wasn't and am not sure how good their eye sight is in the dark. Again, they really pay no mind to my deer blind and I want to keep it that way.

Comment

A deer's vision is 2 dimensional, everything is in the shape of blocks, grays or blacks in color. If they are standing still, their view is blocky, as long as you don't move you appear as part of the surroundings, it's when you move, breaking up the blocks, that they know something is there. It's possible to walk along with a deer as long as you stop when it stops! Try it some time.

Comment

• Rose
            Rose commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm guessing then when I leave my blind in the dark, they can't see me or hardly see me ??

They won't know what you are, just that something is moving. As long as you don't move towards them, they should go about their business. A possible reaction might possibly be a snort, just keep moving and all will be fine the next time you use the blind

Comment

• Rose
            Rose commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you, you've been a great help. Thanks for sharing your insight with me.

I've had a lot of good deer hunters help me along too, hope things work out for you.

Comment

• Rose
            Rose commented
            Editing a comment
            And that's what it's all about. Passing on your knowledge and experience to other people / generations. Thank's again.