Little Fawn on Trail Cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Fawn on Trail Cam

My StealthCam app went off this morning - looks like a little fawn. 'Reckon how old this deer is?

Click image for larger version

Name:	JPEG image-AE28CC716E60-1.jpeg
Views:	62
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	622

Wonder what those bumps are running down it's side ?? As the fawns in Michigan have spot's, odd to see one without. Guess they may/can look different in other states.

Comment

To me it doesn't look like bumps - it looks like ribs ... like the deer is severely malnourished? (which walking next to an active corn feeder, I'd hope not!)

Comment

• Rose
        Rose commented
        Editing a comment
        The 'bumps' are also on it's neck. Looks like they run down the side of the fawn.

Yeah, I see that now. Almost looks like fuzz - could this be a newborn?

Comment

• Rose
        Rose commented
        Editing a comment
        Just odd with the pattern, looks like they are on the side of it's head as well. Odd. I know deer can be prone to warts that grow and look hideous. I'm sure the pic is much clearer. Even if it is a newborn, the bumps are odd.

She doesn’t look healthy

Comment

Seen this fawn around lately ????

Comment

Doesn't look very healthy, rough winter in your neck of the woods?

Comment

Hey gang, haven't seen this fawn lately ... wonder if it died. Not seeing much activity on the trail cams at all right now, except one doe that routinely appears. My feeders are all out of corn, and I'm not replenishing because it's turkey season tomorrow and I don't want corn on the ground.

Comment

• Rose
              Rose commented
              Editing a comment
              Since I don't turkey hunt, curious why you aren't putting corn in your feeder ???

• fredmckinnon
              fredmckinnon commented
              Editing a comment
              Rose, it's illegal to bait turkey. (you can bait deer, but not turkey)

• Rose
              Rose commented
              Editing a comment
              Got it, thanks. Not sure if you can bait turkey in Michigan, but baiting deer is illegal.