Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mtifft
    replied
    To my father thank you for instilling the love of the outdoors the respect of nature and hunting and fishing. You are my best friend and best hunting buddy! Even the days that suck being soaking wet not seeing anything it’s still the best day of my life. I would never give it up or change it!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• fredmckinnon
    started a topic Here's To You, Dad!

Here's To You, Dad!

Father's Day is coming up, and I'd like to kickoff this thread in honor (and/or in memory) of our Dads. Want to post your own tribute? If you are a TLO Community member, just login and click "Post Reply". If you are new to the community, click the "Register" link at the top of this page. TLO Community Membership is FREE and EASY. Once you register, verify your account with the email that is sent, login, and post your reply below.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1644.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.02 MB ID:	1518

I'd like to give a shout out to this man, Bill McKinnon, my Dad. He's one of the hardest workers I know. He was a County Agent for the UGA Extension Service and also did a lot of farming and cattle raising. As a kid he'd put me on a 5-gallon bucket before daylight in his pecan orchards with a 20-gauge shotgun to take care of squirrels. He taught me how to shoot, how to hunt, and he most certainly taught all of us how to fish.

He's pictured here with a massive bull red that he caught off the beach here on St. Simons Island, GA where I live, and where TLO Outdoors is located.

I could write so many stories of what he taught me over the years of fishing, hunting, shooting, and more. One of my favorites is an evening we spent hunting bull frogs in a farm pond. Every time we started to leave we'd hear another one croak and my Dad would fire up the trolling motor and send us back off across that pond, hanging up on every tree and stump possible, to get there. We filled a croker sack full of those big boys that night. I'm pretty sure we got home way past curfew ... but I didn't care.

Without question, the most important things that he's shown me in this life that matter the most has to do with my faith, and discovering Jesus Christ as my personal Savior. He's always been a source of spiritual guidance and wisdom. And finally, he's demonstrated how to be faithful and loving to his wife and family. He's about to celebrate his 60th wedding anniversary with my mom. He's pastored a church, he's about to publish a book, and his name is one of integrity, hard work ethic, compassion, and honor.

Here's to you, Dad. Happy Father's Day.

Now ... post your own tribute below!
    Last edited by fredmckinnon; 06-10-2021, 11:34 AM.