What’s everyone doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s everyone doing?

What’s everyone to get outdoors? Being that we are a group of geographically diverse group, what are you all doing to be outdoors? Are you hunting, fishing, hiking?

I am rabbit hunting, running my beagle, and snowshoeing.

Comment

shoveling snow, shoveling snow and shoveling snow. Oh, and getting the barn ready for the chick's coming early March.

Comment

Rose Lol!! I here you there about the snow shoveling

Comment

I love to deer hunt. The whitetail aren't large down here in South Georgia on the coast, much bigger a few hours north. I grew up freshwater fishing all the time and can't remember last time I got to do much of that. I'm on the coast, so it's saltwater fishing now. I like to go after trout, redfish, flounder, etc. Offshore is also a blast, but rarely do that. It's expensive, and it's a long, exhausting day.

I've never seriously done turkey hunting, but I'm going for that this season. Opens Saturday, March 20th - and I've definitely got a few good turkeys showing up on my trail camera.

Comment

fredmckinnon I’ve never saltwater fished. I do a lot of backwoods steam fishing for trout

Comment

We've had a long stretch of sub-zero weather here in central Wyoming for several weeks, so it's been pretty brutal to get out, and most water is frozen and hard to fish, except for ice-fishing, which I've never really enjoyed (too dang cold!). And like Rose, I've been shoveling and shoveling. Spring turkey here doesn't start until mid-April. I may need to get out and go look for some rabbits!

Comment

WyoWagonmaster I love rabbit hunting !! Do you have dogs?

Comment

• WyoWagonmaster
                  WyoWagonmaster commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I do not....typically, cottontail hunting here in Wyoming is spot and stalk. I don't know anyone who use dogs. It's a much more open, less thick environment they live in here, so I think it's less necessary to use dogs?

Sweet we do a lot of hare hunting I usually don’t shoot the cottontails as we use them to train the dogs and let them run.

Comment

• WyoWagonmaster
                  WyoWagonmaster commented
                  Editing a comment
                  We only have cottontail and jackrabbits here (along with pigmy cottontail, but they are protected and very limited in distribution). Jack's are considered predators and can be shot at anytime of the year, but cottontail only during the winter.

The jack is same family to snowshoe hare

Comment

AND.........do the jack's in Wyoming have horns ??? Which would make the predator's

Comment

• WyoWagonmaster
                    WyoWagonmaster commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well, we DO have Jackalopes, which DO have antlers, sooooo.........

Comment

• Rose
                    Rose commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'd like to see video of someone's beagle tangle with one of these predators'. Any reports of hunter's being attacked or ambushed by one of these monster's ????? I'm guessing you hunt these with a pretty powerful rifle ?

We SO need emoji's that are laughing so hard they're crying.............Fred

• WyoWagonmaster
                    WyoWagonmaster commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They ARE pretty vicious, I've heard, but luckily pretty rare! Small caliber is all that's needed! ;-)

Enjoying winter mountain scenery. You can almost make out the frost line in the mountains.

Comment

• Rose
                    Rose commented
                    Editing a comment
                    WOW. I agree, breathtaking pic of God's AWESOME wonders !!!

That's breathtaking!

Comment

Double-Edged-Tactics thats an awesome picture

Comment

Working...
                    X