About Double-Edged-Tactics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Double-Edged-Tactics

I am a follower of Jesus, a husband and father. I want to offer help in thinking through life's questions with a biblical worldview and hopefully do so without bringing preconceived notions into the mix. (easier said than done right?)
    The Bible is fully sufficient and sharper than a double-edged sword(2 Timothy 3:16, Hebrews 4:12) One of the biggest questions I've been seeing lately is how to be patriotic while still keeping in balance with the fact that if you love and follow Christ you are a citizen of heaven now and merely a sojourner in the country you currently live in.

To follow up on my last post I think it's important to note that you are more than just a sojourner. The bible refers to us as ambassadors for Christ. This means that in everything we do and say, as believers, we ought to be representing Christ as our Head. This is to include our activity politically. As an ambassador we may have certain rights in the countries we live in. As we are allowed these rights we must make good use of them in order to further Christ's Kingdom. We should be asking ourselves "what is in the best interest for making Christ's kingdom more accessible, understood, and unhindered?"

Comment

Welcome to the group

Comment

Welcome --- i'm a fellow sojourner myself!

Comment

Working...
        X